Is your furnace blowing out cool air instead of hot air? There are a number of issues that can cause this. We compiled a list of steps to troubleshoot your furnace, but you can always call us to service, repair or even replace your furnace.
- Check your thermostat. Be sure the fan is set to auto instead of on. When set to on, it will continue to blow air even when the heat is not on.
- Be sure the filter is clean. Debri can cause things to not work properly.
- Is the pilot on? Sometimes these can just go out.
- If you have an oil tank, be sure you have oil in the tank.
- Make sure the oil in the tank is clean. Again, debri can cause things to not work properly.
- Try changing the filter and restarting the furnace.
If you have tried all the options above, there may be holes somewhere in the duct work which is allowing the warm air to escape before making it to you. Additionally, anywhere within the system may have faulty wiring or clogged filter. The furnace itself can overheat as well if not kept clean. Be sure to contact Jays today so we can get your furnace where it needs to be!