We’ve compiled an HVAC checklist to ensure your system is prepared for the warmer weather!
- Change your furnace filter every 30- 90 days (every 30 days if you have pets)
- Remove any plants, weeds, and debris from within 2 feet of your outdoor unit
- Clean and de-clutter your home to decrease the chance of dirt and dust buildup within your system. Include parts of your home that are not cleaned often like curtains and picture frames.
- Test your AC on a day that is at least 65° before the super hot days arrive.
- Caulk windows and doors around your home to keep humidity and heat out.
- Clean the air vents in every room to allow for better airflow.
- Remove the outdoor AC cover (if applicable).
- Consider upgrading your thermostat.